Monday, September 20, 2010

Yes Virginia, Milkmen really do exist

Who knew? I was browsing down the dairy aisle in Whole Foods when... what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a glass bottle of milk, a sight welcome and dear.

The bottle resembled those old dairy bottles my Granny uses to mix juice from concentrate in. After further examination, I found that the brand, Crescent Ridge Dairy, is a local small dairy that sells its milk to Whole Foods. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Considering I have dairy farmers on both sides of my family, I wanted nothing more than to buy this small batch milk. I instantly forgot all other groceries I needed, headed to the checkout, and practically skipped all of the way home with milk in hand.

After checking out the Crescent Ridge Dairy website, I learned they have home delivery! For $4 each week (or every other week), I can get fresh, local milk, eggs, ice cream, cheese, you name it(!) to my house by my very own MILKMAN!!!  A small price to pay for supporting local farmers, just like my own family back home :) Sign me up!

 

4 comments:

DC Food Junkie said...

I LOVE Whole Foods local milk, but never thought to actually check out the dairy farmer itself! I can't wait to do that tonight!!!

Debbie B. said...

That's awesome and so much fun! Too bad they don't deliver soy milk ;) hehe

Anonymous said...

I hear Merey is coming for a visit soon... Am I invited too???

Lydia said...

I saw something about this in one of my mom's magazines and thought it was cool. I am excited your gonna sign up for it.
p.s Does it taste different than regular store milk?

Post a Comment