Sunday, September 12, 2010

Make Way for Ducklings

Boston, being such a historic city, has countless landmarks, food, and attractions, and by the time I arrived I had made a mental list of some of the things I wanted to see/do first.  After a week of settling into my little area in Brookline and finally picking up a Charlie card for the T, I decided that Saturday was the day for me to go downtown.  Where was my first stop?  No, not to Paul Revere's House.  No, not to feast on Italian food at the North End.  No, not to disprove any so-called resemblance the current tea party claims they have to the original, at the Boston Tea Party Ship & Museum.  I wanted to see ducks.  I'm not sure if that preference stems from my Granny's oil painting of ducklings which hung in my room as a child or my affinity for daffy duck's humor over bugs bunny's, but that's neither here nor there. 


Of course, the fact that this statue of ducks is in the Boston Public Garden and across the street from the Boston Common did bolster my decision to make it the destination of my first Boston site-seeing experience.  The famous bronze statue was installed in 1987 to commemorate Make Way for Ducklings, a world renown children's book by Robert McCloskey that is set in Boston.  I managed to snag some great pics of it, along with some fellow fans :)



I even got some pictures of the real things, which the park was over run with, and the famous swan boats.

And some great landscapes of the Public Garden and Boston Common....


Wow I still can't believe I live here! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. I'm so happy that you are liking it there thus far!
love you,
Jenn

Post a Comment