Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One more posting dedicated to dairy

and I do believe I have contracted mad cow disease.....  but I promise you will not be disappointed :)

 

I visited J.P. Licks when I first got here, and I immediately knew that I had found one of my staple places of awesomeness (thanks for the tip Debbie)! There are so many options, do I want ice cream, hard yogurt, soft yogurt, tart yogurt a piece of ice cream cake, a sundae, toppings toppings and more toppings aaaaaaahhhhhh stay focused Liz! I decided to go with one of my favorite combos, mint ice cream with oreo cookies. Amazing. Then a few days later I grabbed a cup of the oreo cookie dough ice cream that tasted like the illegitimate brother of my infamous dirt cake dessert :-9

I knew I had to preemptively stop my inevitable addiction to this place, but after two weeks and passing by a sign that said $1 scoops with student (cough Kavan's cough) ID I could resist no longer.  Tonight's indulgence was apple crisp for me, fabulous. The ice cream added an almost cream cheese icing flavor to the fresh apples and crumbley, yet fluffy, cinnamon crisp. Kavan's choice of brownie batter ice cream with miniature peanut butter cups was also a hit!


Plus who doesn't love a place of business with a cow motif? I am going to be eating ice cream all winter long :)


(yes that is turf on the wall)

2 comments:

Kate Q said...

Hi Liz! The ice cream looks D-lish, and I understand the glee about a milkman of one's own and the pleasures there of. But it's the Boston Cream Pie that really made me want to crawl into my lappie and help myself to custard, cake, and chocolate! Mmmmm! It's my favorite.
Kav directed me here, but you have to promise that reading your blog won't make my butt look big(ger).
Oh, and your place looks adorable. Sounds like you're lovin' Boston already!
Kate

Victoria said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH I miss JP Licks (and all of Boston) SO MUCH. Lucky lady!

Post a Comment