Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Beach in 2011

It's been over two months since I've posted, which I know is a big no-no for bloggers.  My apologies. Instead of taking on the task of creating the most epic of all blog posts to catch you up, I thought I would just share some photos that I took during the trip to the beach that Kavan and I went on today.

The temperature managed to get up to a whopping 66 degrees today in Boston, perfect weather as far as I'm concerned.  Everyone was out and about -- kids were on the playgrounds, hipsters were on their fixies, men in leather were on their hogs (I especially like that one).  The energy was exhilarating!

Kavan went on a few joy rides along the coast last Fall before I moved to Boston, so when he suggested we go on one today it was a no-brainer.  I was thrilled to leave the city. He had visited a town along the bay called Hull, where he happened upon a place with mouth watering fish tacos over looking the beach.  Hull isn't that far from Boston so it was a great day trip.


The drive to Hull was complicated, but I am happy to report that, for once, we didn't miss a turn! When we arrived at the bay my first reaction was that it looked like the ocean, scattered islands were barely visible on the horizon.  The beach at Hull was busy.  There were dozens of dogs, kids, grandparents, couples, and teenie boppers trying to get the most out of the change in weather.

There were a few kites whipping in the wind when we arrived.  My favorite was one of a scuba diver complete with fish.  We ate lunch overlooking the bay, and then romped around the beach a little before heading back to Boston.


(see what I mean about the leather)

Interesting enough, you can even see Boston from the shore.


Last but not least we have the stereotypical picture of a New England lighthouse.  Of course I was super excited! I really don't think I will get used to those ;)


Love it! =)