Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Feaster

The Easter bunny decided to join Kav and I at breakfast on Sunday.  He was delish :-9

 


The weather was the nicest it has been all year peaking at about 80 degrees!  I am claiming that this marks the start of bike season (for me at least).  So after breakfast, Kavan headed off to study and I headed on my bike down to the Common to enjoy the scenery.  Almost everything was in bloom, the swan boats were paddling around the pond, there was a drum line near the visitor center...  Little girls in white fluffy dresses and little boys in miniature suits pranced around discovering all of the sights and sounds at the Common.   Everyone was in their Easter Best.


I decided to take a different route back home, and oh boy what a ride!  The bike trail curved alongside the Charles River, which today was filled with drifting sail boats and lined with thousands of delicate blossoms.  I stopped several times to take pictures.





Finally, it was time for the Easter Feaster.  I didn't go all out, but it was nice to make a well rounded dinner.  Of course, it wouldn't have been complete without Easter Bunny carrot cake! One of my own, new traditions :)



<3 Liz