Monday, April 18, 2011

Indulgent Food.... the only way to make it through the Boston Winter

I was going through some pics today trying to pick some for my post, and I can't believe some of the photos I neglected to post.  Before I came to Boston, I had heard horror stories of the winters up here.  I was pleasantly surprised that not only did I not mind the cold (I love you cuddle duds), but I also kinda liked the winter wonderland that engulfed the landscape of the NE.  Nonetheless, I did my fair share of baking to ease the winter chills.  Here's a couple highlights from the past few months:

 
Breakfast: 
Poached eggs with asiago and sopressata over toast 
with a pear arugula salad topped with pecans and goat cheese


Dessert:
Coconut cream pie

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the carrot cake, cheesy garlic polenta squares with caramelized onions, paella, or andouille sausage pizza, but Summer cooking is just around the corner! =)