Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bosu y Bosu

One of my favorite parts of the weekend is going to the gym. Yes, I said it! I've never been a member of a gym before, but the lack of a free average joe's gym in the basement of my building (as it was at the Fed) has pushed me to break down and shell out the monthly fee.  In November, I joined a women's only gym Healthworks a few minutes away from my house.  There are a few reasons why I picked it:

1. It is not in a basement (you would think this would be a given, but not in my area of town)
2. I don't have to worry about "I Pick Things Up and Put Them Down" guys
3. It has lots of cool cardio machines w/tvs that I can use in the winter
4. It has a sauna and steam room
5. I get free towels which enables me to fit on the T with my gym bag
6 and Most of all. It has a TON of free group fitness classes!!

Because I usually stay at work late, I miss the classes during the week, making the weekend my only chance to try them out.  So far, the yoga classes have been pretty good, but what I've really taken a liking to has been Zumba!  I LOVE to shake my tush!









You can only imagine my disappointment when I woke up yesterday to find the class was already booked! Oh what to do!? Hmmmm, this Bosu Challenge class still has spots, guess I'll try it out... What is a Bosu anyway? Well I found out.









Bosu is half of a yoga ball used as stability for floor exercises and step aerobics. It's great! The class was very similar to the step aerobics class I would take at the Fed so I didn't get lost on the moves. Better yet, I won't have to get up at 9 am on my Saturdays to do it ;-)