Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE Boston Style

Wow I knew it had been a while since my last post, but I hadn't realized it had been almost a month! Because New Years has always held a special place in my heart and because I want to get started off on the right foot, I'm gonna do a quick and dirty blog post before 1/1/11 is over!

I unexpectedly had to cancel my trip to DC for New Years Eve, and instead spend the NYE here in Boston.  Almost all of the people I know here were out of town so on 12/31 I decided to gather supplies and have a wonderful NYE by myself :) First off was dinner, I had a coupon for the local butcher, The Meat House, and decided to see what was on the shelves there. When I arrived there I realized A LOT! I chose the maple bourbon sirloin and was NOT disappointed.  And what would NYE be without some libations? I found a wonderful drink recipe (which I modified) which was basically champagne with some St. Germain. If you have never had St. Germain before, I would suggest going to the nearest cocktail bar and getting a drink with it. It's marvelous :)

An hour before midnight I ventured out to go see the fireworks at the Boston Harbor! They were massive and great ending to the night! Here's some pics of the fireworks and what I found along the way.



 Faneuil Hall :)
This tree has to be the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen in my life!! The people in the foreground are a good marker for size.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Peace