Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vermonting

Vermonting is just a play on words of what us city folks like to call -- weekending.  Weekending entails leaving the cofines of the city, suburbs, and exburbs, and going somewhere where local wildlife consists of animals other than pigeons and squirrels.  Of course you could modify weekending to any state you want, but I think Vermonting sounds the best out of the New England states.  

Last weekend, Kav and I visited our friends Mike and Nicole in VT, and being there felt like I had been transported back down to my little home in ky. Mike and Nicole live on an old orchard (=free homemade applesauce to take home), have two goofy dogs who look like small clidesdales, and can see the silohuette of the Green Mountains from their backyard.  Friday evening, we visited the closest city, Burlington, VT, and caught some breathtaking views of Lake Champlain before the sunset.



I enjoyed two country mornings while we were there.  Country mornings are so much better than city mornings.  Everything is still, then Nature gradually wakes up.  The whole day is ahead of you, and for those moments you can't help but reflect on the beauty of life.  It's like a non-animated Disney movie ;)  The more I go back and visit the country the more I miss it.  Maybe whenever it comes time to settle down I can find a sweet plot of country, right outside the city....