Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Maine Cabining

My old boss Nancy has a cabin up on an island in Maine, and at least once a year Enernocers, such as myself, travel four hours north to get some much needed R&R. Highlights of the weekend include: TWO successful 1 match fires; lobster bake; volleyball; cornhole; hammocks; kayaks; wild strawberries and blueberries; and JUMBO smores (that I still need to get out of my yoga pants). It was so nice totally removing myself from the usual hustle and bustle.

Maine also reminded me of how much I LOVE volleyball. I bumped the ball around with some friends and couldn't stop!! I think the speckles on my arms have gone away, but my thirst for some good bump, set, spiking has not. My friend Veronica agreed to accompany me to a volleyball scrimmage in Boston. I've been leery of going because the postings have been pretty intimidating about knowing plays etc, but hopefully with her there I can piggy back off of the clout she has with the players. I hope the meetup is soon!




I heart hammocks.